Belmar NJ Restaurants
Whether you’re looking for today’s freshest catch or a fine dining experience in this coastal borough, Belmar has you covered. You’ll find a relaxing atmosphere after a long day of sunbathing, some of the best pizza on the east coast, and plenty of authentic restaurants with cuisine from around the globe in Belmar. Many of the restaurants are downtown on Main Street or overlooking the beach on Ocean Drive. With so many restaurants to choose from in Belmar and neighboring boroughs, all of the local restaurant owners work hard to give you a great experience so that you come back again.
Reviews & Ratings
You can find an abundance of information on Belmar’s well-reviewed restaurants on the web. TripAdvisor lists 80 restaurants in Belmar, and the top rated is Mr. Shrimp Seafood Restaurant and Market. Second place is Federico’s Pizzeria and Restaurant and La Doce Vita rounds out the top three. Jersey Shore BBQ is fourth, Simply Southern is fifth, Ragin’ Cajun is sixth, and 10th Avenue Burrito is seventh. Of course, all of these restaurants are completely unique in terms of food, atmosphere, and price range.
The restaurant website Urban Spoon/Zomato has a very different list. Mike’s Giant Submarines comes in first, 10th Avenue Burrito is second, and Surf Taco-Belmar is third. These three highest rated restaurants are all low on the cost spectrum. Kaya’s Kitchen, a vegetarian and vegan restaurant, is next, followed by Strollos Italian Ice and Triple Green Chinese.
The best-reviewed restaurant on Yelp is Simply Southern, a restaurant specializing in southern-style seafood and comfort food. Coming in second is the Marina Grille, followed by Twisted Tapas, Azteca Restaurant, Jersey Shore BBQ, Jake’s Downtown, and the Boathouse Bar & Grill.
Dining On The Water
Belmar has several places to eat right on the waterfront. La Dolce Vita has a patio in front of the Atlantic, and Playa Bowls is also right across the street from the beach and boardwalk. Klein’s Fish Market, the Marina Grille, and 9th Avenue Pier are also located on the water, because they both are next to the Shark River. If you’re not sure where to go, a good bet would be to walk right down main street to see what looks good.
Here’s a rundown of some of the restaurant options in Belmar:
- American: 9th Avenue Pier, Benny’s, Brandl, Jersey Shore BBQ, Marina Grille, Simply Southern, The WindMill, Jimmy’s Place, Mamaluke’s, Playa Bowls
- Bars and Taverns: Boathouse Bar & Grill, D’Jais Bar & Grill, McCann’s Tavern, Anchor Tavern, Jack’s Tavern
- Pizza and Italian: 3 Brothers Pizza, Don’s Pizza King, DoughBoys, Federici’s on 10th, Federico’s Pizza & Restaurant, La Dolce Vita, La Terrazza, Three Brothers Pizza, Vinnie’s, and Anthony’s
- Mexican: 10th Ave. Burrito Co., Cietlito Lindo, Surf Taco Belmar, Azteca
- Brewery: Beach Haus Brewery
- Deli and Cafe: Acropolis, Bechman’s Deli and Grill, Hoagitos, Mike’s Giant Submarines, Stay Gold Café & Lounge, Sweet Tease Tea Room, Hooked Café, Klien’s Waterside Cafe
- Breakfast: Belmar Begals, Belmar’s Corner Bagelry
- Seafood: Jake’s Downtown, Klein’s Fish Market, Mr. Shrimp, Waves on Main, La Dolce Vita
- Vegetarian: Kaya’s Kitchen
- Other: Ragin’ Cajun, Twisted Tapas, King Chef Chinese, Kotta Sushi, New China Kitchen, Triple Green Chinese